Buffalo Speeding Ticket Lawyers
Getting a speeding ticket can ruin anyone’s day. Not only will you spend time in court, but you could end up with points on your license. The Buffalo speeding ticket lawyers at John M Dudziak PC fight to reduce your fine if we can eliminate it.. Contact us for a free consultation.
At Law Office of John M. Dudziak, PC, we understand how important it is to take every traffic ticket and violation seriously. Our experienced Buffalo Speeding Ticket Lawyers are dedicated to protecting your interests, and minimizing any fines, surcharges, and points on your license. It may seem easy to simply plead guilty, mail in the ticket, and accept fault. However, once you have a driving conviction on your record, if you’re ever pulled over for a traffic violation in the future, it makes negotiating reductions on those infractions much more difficult, and the fines can increase quite significantly.
- In New York State, if you accumulate 6 points on your driving record in an 18 month period, you will automatically be required to pay $100 per year for the next 3 years.
- If you accumulate any more points during that 3 year period, you will be required to pay an additional $75 per point for 3 years.
Frequently Asked Speeding Ticket Questions
What are the Fines for a Speeding Ticket?
- In New York State, if you’re pulled over for a traffic infraction, more commonly known as a Stop sign or speeding, you could be fined. In certain jurisdictions, if you continue to do this, or you have a prior past record, the judge, if he saw fit, put you in jail for a day to or two or up to 15 days in jail for a violation. The fines for a first offender can be up to $150, with a mandatory New York State surcharge of anywhere between $80 and $95, depending on the jurisdiction that you’re in.
How Long Do Points on Your License Last?
- The DMV takes off points for speeding tickets or stop sign violations after a 48 month time frame.
Why Should I Hire an Attorney for a Speeding Ticket?
- By hiring attorney for a speeding ticket, you won’t miss out on work, other functions. Your attorney can generally go to court on your behalf. You would sign a waiver of appearance, and then avoid having to sit in court, miss work, and potentially some undue embarrassment.
If you or a loved one has been issued a speeding ticket, you need to discuss your options with an experienced Attorney. The Buffalo Speeding Ticket Lawyers at John M. Dudziak PC has successfully negotiated reductions and dismissals for countless New York State drivers. Because of our extensive knowledge of the New York State Traffic System, we can assist our clients in getting their cases settled quickly and efficiently. Our representation is affordable, and will often save you money in the long run by preserving your clean driving record.